Pressroom Assistant 1st & 2nd Shift
Summary of Position
Location: Appleton, WI
Job Type: Full Time,Part Time
Pay is negotiable based of experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs any combination of following duties to assist printing press operator to make ready, operate, and maintain roll-fed or sheet-fed, single-or-multicolor flatbed, cylinder, offset, flexographic, or web press:
- Assists press operator to install paper packing sheets on impression cylinder, fasten reinforcing bars to metal printing plates and offset blankets, and install plates and blankets on press cylinders, using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjusts machine parts, such as feed and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging device, tapes, and cams as directed by press operator, using hand tools.
- Lifts and positions roll of paper in feed mechanism, using chain hoist, or positions skid of unprinted sheets on feed device, using hand truck or electric lift-truck.
- Removes loaded skid of printed material from stacking mechanism, using hand truck, and replaces with empty skid.
- Fills fountains with ink paste, using spatula.
- Tends press in absence of press operator.
- Observes mechanical operation and indicating gauges, such as ammeter and air pressure gauges to ensure that specified operating levels are maintained and makes specified adjustments or notifies press operator when malfunction occurs.
- Assists in lubrication of press, using grease gun and oilcan.
- Assists press operator to remove and replace worn rollers and adjust pressure between rollers, using hand tools.
- Cleans ink and distributing rollers, ink fountains, and printing type, using cleaning solvent, brush, and rags.
- Cleans press and work area, using vacuum cleaner, brush, and air hose.
- Keeps daily time, production, and material usage reports.
- Assists in exposing and developing printing plates.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic math and reading.
- Solid knowledge of production, press operation and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand narrative, graphic, drawing, blueprints and technical materials.
- Ability to operate machinery efficiently and safely.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisors, and peers.
- Ability to assess situations and adjustments to meet deadlines.
Job Descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position. Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES NEED TO SEND THEIR RESUME TO AMANDAROHDE@PRO-LABEL.COMApply Today
We in seeking experienced Pressroom Assistants for our 1st and 2nd shift team. Do you have a mechanical aptitude? If so, we want to hear from you.
We offer competitive wages, full benefits package, profit sharing, and much more.
Do you feel that you have the skills and/or experience? We encourage you to apply.