Flexographic Press Operator 2nd Shift
Summary of Position
Job Type: Full Time
Pay is negotiable based on experience, typical range $17-$22 per hour
Pro-Label Inc. has an immediate need for an experienced Press Operator to join our team. The Press Operator must be a motivated team player with experience operating printing presses with roll feeders. This candidate must have Narrow web Flexographic press operating experience that is capable of 4 color process/Line color and pressure/Non-pressure sensitive printing. This position will also review production work with the Production Manager/Supervisor to ensure the maximum production of the machines. Ideal candidates will have 3 years of experience operating a printing press and be able to troubleshoot and use and understand quality control instruments and fixtures. Must be able to understand instructions and work with minimal supervision, and maintain a clean work area.Apply Today
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate a Narrow web Flexographic press operating experience that is capable of 4 color process/Line color and pressure/Non-pressure sensitive printing.
- Coordinate with the production scheduler and or the supervisors as to which jobs need to be made.
- Improve the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Follow Production Work Instructions for remainder of job tasks.
- Operators are expected to follow employee safety standards by adhering to both environmental and Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) regulations.
- Responsible for safe, efficient and continuous operation of machine on a daily basis, based on company standards.
- Ensure that quality products are produced in the appropriate quantity and within the established guidelines.
- Performs minor maintenance on production equipment per schedule and whenever necessary.
- Must work in a safe and ethical manner at all times.
- Understand and comply with all lockout/tag out procedures.
- Understanding of: emergency stops, main electrical disconnects, interlocks, main air supply and air dump valves.
- Ensures machine(s) set-up before each run and tear down/line clearance after each run.
Ensures/Verifies that assigned machine operates at optimal efficiency based on established centerlines. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: ******This candidate must have Narrow web Flexographic press operating experience that is capable of 4 color process/Line color and pressure/Non-pressure sensitive printing.*******
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must have 3 plus years of press operating experience
- Basic math
- Basic reading
- Solid knowledge of production, press operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of printing presses
- Ability to read and understand narrative, graphic, drawing, blueprints and technical materials.
- Ability to operate machinery efficiently and safely.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisors, and peers.
- Ability to assess situations and make adjustments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate a fork lift.
- Can Do Attitude
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position. Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with DisabilitiesM
This is a 2nd shift position with hours of 2:30 pm to 12:30 am Monday through Thursday.